INCOMING GRADE 8 PARENT INFORMATION NIGHT FOR 2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR
2016/17 SCHOOL YEAR INFO:
GRADE 8 PARENT INFORMATION SHEET - questions about attendance, counselling, academic support, etc?
GRADE 8 ORIENTATION DAY: September 6, 2016
Link Crew will be hosting our annual Grade 8 Orientation Day on Sept 6 from 9-12:15.
The orientation includes educational activities and icebreakers and all incoming Grade 8's will be partnered with a mentor to help their transition to secondary school.
Students will be leading small group activities in classrooms on the second, third and fourth floors from 11-12:15.
The Grade 8 homerooms will happen after the orientation.
Grade 7 students who have been accepted to Tupper are invited to attend this awesome event:
Grade 8 Program
Grade 7 Parent Information Night is Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 and begins at 7pm in the Tupper Auditorium.
In addition to the parent night, the Tupper Articulation Team including Leadership students and Guidance Counsellors will be visiting our Family Elementary of Schools (Brock, Nightingale, Wolfe, Dickens, McBride and Livingstone) during the week of January 11th-15th to speak to grade 7 students.
Students registered in our regular Grade 8 program are scheduled in the following 8 courses:
1. English 8
2. Social Studies 8
3. Math 8
4. Science 8
5. Physical Education 8
6. French 8
7. Applied Skills 8 *
8. Fine Arts 8 ** (May include Drama, Choir, Dance or Art in a Rotation)
Beginning Band and Intermediate Band
* Applied Skills 8 - is a required elective for all grade 8’s which includes three twelve week courses:
- Business Education
- Technology Education Studies
- Home Economics
Students currently enrolled within the Tupper family of schools will be provided a Tupper Application Form at the school. Students applying from outside our family schools can pick up Applications Forms at Tupper in January of 2016, or print out the form below and fill it out. In Catchment applications are due by January 31st, 2016
Students living outside the Tupper catchment boundary (see link below) must complete a VSB cross boundary form which is available at any VSB school. Vancouver schools will begin accepting cross-boundary applications from February 1st - February 29th, 2016. Cross Boundary Forms must accompany the Tupper Application Form, along with a copy of Birth Certificate, Proof of Address, and most recent copy of Report Card.
Grade 8 students registering for the 2016-2017 school year must provide our Records Clerk the following documents:
- Proof of address in the form of (a) recent property tax notice (b) home telephone/TV bill and (c) hydro/gas bill or a rental agreement
- Copy of most recent report card
- Student's birth certificate from birth country
- Proof of legal guardianship or custody (if applicable)
- VSB Cross Boundary Form (if living outside the Tupper catchment area)
- Copy of immunization record (only if coming from a school outside the Vancouver School District)