Thursday, 30th March, 2017 Periods C, D, A, B Day 1
Wi Fi password for December: WarmWishes
Lunch Menu: Cream of Chicken Soup / Garden Salad / Meat Lasagna
with Caesar Salad
“Every piece of jewellery tells a story” Would you like to create a story from a piece of jewellery you design. A jewellery club will be starting next Wed. April 5th. The club will meet on Wednesday in room #229A at 11:50-12:15pm, open to all grade 8’s and 9”s. There will be a sign up sheet in #229A during break starting next Monday, limit is to the first 10 students. Thank you for your interest.
The Community Mental Wellness Association of Canada is proud to announce the launch of four (4) $500 scholarships to Grade 12 students going into fulltime studies in the Health Sciences field in Post Secondary.
The student must have a strong interest and be going into the Health Sciences field such as Medicine, Nursing, Social Work, Mental Health, Counselling in the Mental Health arena.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS APRIL 20, 2017.
The application form is available online on their website: www.cmwac.ca or can be submitted by mail or fax. Please see Ms. Alkalay if you are needing more application information.
Grade 12s: The Kindness Foundation Scholarship
· You are inspired by the vision of a kinder world and have the character and commitment to undertake wholeheartedly a project that will create positive impact in the community, locally or globally.
· You have demonstrated your commitment to positive action, contribution or raising awareness in past activities.
· You inspire others, not only through your actions, but by being who you are.
· You are compassionate, aware, wise, open-minded, imaginative, and creative or innovative.
· You understand the value of education, recognizing that a well-rounded person embraces learning opportunities inside and outside of school.
· You personally strive for excellence, but maintain a healthy greater perspective in your pursuit of it that allows you to experience life and its joys.
Scholarship Award: The recipient will receive a scholarship of $1000.00 to assist in their post-secondary education.
Application Process and Deadlines: See Ms. Alkalay for an application. Applications should be post marked on or before April, 10, 2017.
ATTENTION GRADE 12 STUDENTS: DT Scholarship application forms are now available on DT's website. Click on Students and then on Scholarships to find it. A PDF is also available on the site as are paper copies e in the Office but our preference would be to receive it electronically. Get an early start on it! Applications are due on Monday, April 10. Kwong/James
Grade 12 students wanting to write the LPI:
Online registration is now open for the LPI sitting at Killarney Secondary School on Wednesday, April 19 2017 at 3:30pm. Register here: https://secure.paragontesting.ca/LpiReg/. You need to select to register for a high school sitting on that page, and then your sitting will appear in the drop-down menu. Registration will close one week prior to the sitting.More information and study materials can be found at: www.lpitest.ca