Grade 7 Parent Information Night was Tuesday, November 22nd in the Templeton Auditorium. If this date has passed and you need information about grade 8, please contact the school at 604-713-8984.
In addition to the parent night, the Templeton Articulation Team including Leadership students and Guidance Counsellors will be visiting our Family Elementary of Schools (Hastings, A.R. Lord, MacDonald, Franklin, Nelson) in February to speak to grade 7 students.
Students registered in our regular Grade 8 program are scheduled in the following 8 courses:
1. English 8 (note: English 8 and Social Studies 8 paired for Humanities 8
2. Social Studies 8 which is taught by same teacher each day)
3. Math 8
4. Science 8
5. Physical Education 8
6. French 8
7. Applied Skills 8 *
8. Fine Arts 8 **
* Applied Skills 8 - is a required elective for all grade 8’s which includes three twelve week courses:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Technical Education Studies
- Home Economics
** Fine Arts 8 - students have the opportunity to choose one of the following courses:
- Fine Arts 8: Art/ Drama/ Film (1/3 year Art; 1/3 year Drama, 1/3 year Film)
- Band 8 (Pre-requisite 1 year on Instrument)
- Band 8B (Beginners)
- *Choir is offered as a ninth course off timetable
OPTIONAL COURSE SCEDULING:
In consultation with grade 7 teacher and Templeton articulation team, students may be recommended for the following courses:
- ELL Program (Beginning or Intermediate Reading, Communications, Social Studies and Science)
- Transitional ELL Program (English, Social Studies and Junior Support Block)
- ELL support period (usually in place of French 8)
- Special Education support period- Skills Development Center (usually in place of French 8)
- Adapted / Modified Core Course Offerings: Math, Science, Socials, English
- Advanced French Placement – Prerequisite – French Immersion background with Templeton assessment entering Grade 8
Students currently enrolled within the Templeton family of schools: Hastings, A.R. Lord, MacDonald, Franklin, Nelson Elementary will be provided a Templeton Application Form at the school. Students applying from outside our family schools can pick up Applications Forms at Templeton in January of 2017, or print out the form below and fill it out.
Students living outside the Templeton catchment boundary (see link below) must complete a VSB cross boundary form which is available at any VSB schools.
Grade 8 students registering for 2017-2018 school year must provide our Records Clerk the following documents:
- Proof of address in the form of (a) recent property tax notice (b) home telephone/TV bill and (c) hydro/gas bill (All three items required)
- Copy of most recent report card
- Student's birth certificate from birth country
- Student's and parents' Canadian citizenship documents
- Proof of legal guardianship or custody (if applicable)
- VSB Cross Boundary Form (if living outside the Templeton catchment area)
- Copy of immunization record (only if coming from a school outside the Vancouver School District)
GRADE 8 ORIENTATION DAY 2017:
All incoming grade 8's and their parents are welcome to join us for an orientation event in cooperation with Leadership and Community Schools Team. Administration will be hosting parents in the Library as students will be orientated by Leadership students. This is a great opportunity for grade 8's to meet their classmates, get a tour of the school, get their locker, agenda book and timetable. Parents will have an opportunity to meet administration, councellors, get an overview of the grade 8 program and ask any questions they may have.