Links to Professional Resources
- B.C.T.F. - The British Columbia Teachers' Federation website
- V.S.T.A - The Vancouver Secondary Teacher's Association
BC's NEW CURRICULUM
Ministry Approved Curriculum Documents (IRPs) - Former Curriculum
Ministry Recommended Learning Resources
INQUIRY BASED LEARING
The Points of Inquiry: a framework for information literacy and the 21st Century learner
(BCTLA, January 2011)
Professional Resources available from the Templeton Library
• The Evolution of Inquiry / Daniel Callison (PRO 028.7 CAL)
• Engaging Readers &Writers with Inquiry / Jeffrey D. Wilhelm (PRO 428.0071 WIL)
• Collaborating for Inquiry-Based Learning / Virginia Wallace (PRO 371.3 WAL)
• IQ: a practical guide to Inquiry-Based Learning / Jennifer Watt (PRO 371.3 WAT)
This is a non-profit association that promotes critical thinking in primary to post-secondary classrooms.
It provides free access to online teaching materials, professional learning resources and The Thinking Teacher, a monthly digest of practical ideas to implement critical inquiry.
To access to the resources, all you need to do is create a personal account on the TC2 website.
- Plagiarism Information
This site includes readings, tools, teaching and assessment strategies that work to cut down on
or eliminate plagiarism.
- Plagiarism [Ekdahl / Parangao presentation at the BCTLA Conference]
One page document with everything needed - includes readings, tools and assessment strategies that work.
- Tutorial on Plagiarism
An interactive video about plagiarism brought to you by Acadia University. It includes topics such as
"What is plagiarism" and "What should you do to prevent it".
- Watch Know (Educational Videos)This site is blend of Youtube and Wikipedia. It is a collection of free videos for children on a wide range of topics. New content is constantly being added.
ABORIGINAL EDUCATION RESOURCES FOR TEACHERS
ANXIETY 101: Helping High School Students
(Pro-D Workshop on Nov. 27, 2015) with Christine Yu