Grade 5,6 & 7 Parent Information Night is Monday, 2017 January 18th at 7pm in the Prince of Wales Auditorium.
In addition, the PW Articulation Team will be visiting our Family of Schools (Carnarvon, Shaughnessy and Trafalgar Elementary schools) in the New Year to speak to grade 7 students.
Students registered in our regular Grade 8 program are scheduled in the following 8 courses:
1. English 8
2. Social Studies 8
3. Math 8
4. Science 8
5. Physical Education 8 or Hockey 8 or Beginning Hockey
6. French 8
7. Applied Skills 8 *
8. Fine Arts 8 **
* Applied Skills 8 - is a required elective for all grade 8’s which includes four 12 week courses:
- Career Education
- Technology Education Studies
- Home Economics
** Fine Arts 8 - students have the opportunity to choose one of the following courses:
- Art/Drama (1/2 year Art; 1/2 year Drama)
- Choral Music 8
- Band 8 (Pre-requisite 1 year on Instrument)
- Band 8B (Beginners)
OPTIONAL COURSE SCEDULING:
In consultation with grade 7 teacher and PW articulation team, students may be recommended for the following courses:
- ELL Program (Beginning or Intermediate Reading, Support, Social Studies and Science)
- Transitonal ELL Program (English, Social Studies and Junior Support Block)
- ELL support period (usually in place of French 8)
- Special Education support period- Skills Development Center (usually in place of French 8)
- Math 8A - Adapted Math 8
Students currently enrolled within the Prince of Wales family of schools: Shaughnessy, Carnarvon, Trafalgar Elementary Schools will be provided a PW Application Form at the school. Students applying from outside our family schools can pick up Applications Forms at PW in January of 2017, or print out the form below and fill it out.
Students living outside the Prince of Wales catchment boundary (see link below) must complete a VSB cross boundary form which is available at any VSB schools.
Cross Boundary Applications are due to the school on Tuesday, February 28, 2017. Families of cross-boundary applicants will be notified of their application status by March 31 2017.
Grade 8 students registering for 2017-2018 school year must provide our Records Clerk the following documents:
- Proof of address in the form of (a) recent property tax notice (b) home telephone/TV bill and (c) hydro/gas bill (All three items required)
- Copy of most recent report card
- Student's birth certificate from birth country
- Student's and parents' Canadian citizenship documents
- Proof of legal guardianship or custody (if applicable)
- VSB Cross Boundary Form (if living outside the Prince of Wales catchment area)
- Copy of immunization record (only if coming from a school outside the Vancouver School District)