ONLINE ABSENCE REPORTING FOR PARENTS
Please do not call the office to report a student absence. Online reporting is now available.
#1: ONLINE REPORTING - This "survey" / report is necessary as it is used by the office only.
ALWAYS report your absence ONLINE here:
- This site is also accessible via your smartphone.
- Go to: killarneysecondary.com/Parents/Online Absence Form
- Fill out the survey form and press DONE.
- It will be sent to the office for processing.
- Be aware that you may get a "synervoice" phone call to say that your child is absent on the day that you enter your data. Allow 2-3 days processing time.
- We will only be accepting absence dates within the current week.
- "Past due" submissions will not be recorded.
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - however, if the website is inaccessible, you may report by phone.
#2: PAPER NOTE - Provide a paper note for the teacher(s) to sign regarding the absence.
Please do not leave paper notes in the office. These are meant for TEACHERS only.
- PLEASE USE THIS FORMAT -----> ABSENCE NOTE - SEPT 15 2016.pdf
- Please print out the Killarney Absence Note form and bring the note to the teacher(s) for signature. This preferred note format is available online or paper copies can be picked up in the office at the front desk.
- This particular note format is more concise and specifies required information valuable to the teacher. Please refrain from using "scraps of paper" for notes.
- If you are looking for a list of email addresses for teachers / administrators / counsellors, you will find it on our website at killarneysecondary.com under "About". here: http://killarney.vsb.bc.ca/upload/Teacher%20Emails%20-%20Oct%2030.pdf
The Counsellor must be informed if the absence will be for more than 4 consecutive days.
PAPER FORMS FOR PRINTING:
These forms are all available for pick up from the main office. We have included them here for your convenience in case you wish to print them at home.
med update form.pdf - (Paper and online version available) - A pink paper version is sent out to every Grade 8 and newly registered student as part of their August mailout in preparation for school opening. The office maintains a confidential record of their original pink medical form until they graduate. It is referred to in the event of an emergency by first aid attendants, administrators and office personnel only. Students in Grades 9 to 12 need to inform us of any changes to their medical condition every year. Parents can either pick up a pink form from the main office, print and fill out a digital version here or go type it online at:
<a href="https://survey.vsb.bc.ca/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=n22K99l"> Survey</a> For students who have moderate to severe medical conditions. Please update every year while they are attending Killarney.
CASL - MEDIA 2016-2017.pdf (Paper only) - This form is generally distributed to all students in their homeroom class on opening day. Please fill out and return to the office as soon as possible.
Update to Student Data form.pdf - (Paper only) - This form is used to make any adjustments or updates to their student's data regarding addresses, phone numbers, etc. (NOT MEDICAL) This must be signed by the parent. These are We keep these as evidence in the event that students change data without their parent's consent.
Extended Leave of Absence.pdf - (Paper only) - This form is used when the student is travelling during the school year. It would be advisable to speak with their counsellor and/or administrator to determine where they are with respect to their studies and how they can catch up on their assignments.
Notice of Late Return Form 2016-2107.pdf - (Paper only) - This form is used when the student may be returning later than opening day in September. It must be filled out and received prior to the 2nd day of school or their spot will not be guaranteed for the upcoming school year.