The Learning Assistance/Life Skills class is a district program for students with special needs, who would benefit from a more supported program. There is a teacher and two support staff in the class. The focus of the program is to help students develop the following:
· develop literacy and numeracy skills required for daily living
· build student confidence and self- esteem
· provide work experience opportunities for older students
· prepare students for post- secondary options
· promote the development of social skills
· promote the development of independence at home, community and at school
Students exit with a school leaving certificate. Referrals come from elementary or secondary to Learning Services at the Vancouver School Board.