Career Preparation is a off timetable 2 year course starting in grade 11 and continuing until the end of grade 12. Students can sign up for Career Preparation in grade 10 from January onwards.
This course is made up of two components:
a) Completing 90 hours of work/volunteer experience
b) Completing written assignments to prepare students for the working world
Benefits of Career Preparation include:
- Students can try out various work environments before spending money on university/college.
- Students are placed with employers in the community based on their interests, aptitudes, and career goals.
- It may lead to employment depending on the company and how well the student does on their work experience.
- Every student needs 30 volunteer hours in order to graduate, Career Preparation hours can be used for this.
- Having work experience builds confidence and allows students to experience various jobsites.
- Students gain valuable skills to add to their resume.
- Students receive 4 credits towards graduation.
If you have any questions about Career Preparation, please contact:
Career Preparation Coordinator