Any parents who are interested in finding out more about the ways they can contribute to the school through PAC and SPC activities are invited to contact the PAC Executive at email@example.com
Purpose of the PAC
The purpose of PAC is to support, encourage and improve the quality of education and the well being of students at Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School by:
· advising the school principal and staff on the views of parents about school programs, policies, plans and activities.
· communicating with parents, and promoting cooperation between the home and the school in providing for the education of children.
· assisting parents in their interactions with the education system, and representing the interests of parents and students.
· organizing PAC activities and events.
· contributing to the effectiveness of the school by promoting the involvement of parents and other community members.
· organizing in conjunction with the administration and teachers, volunteer programs and activities which support the school.
Constitution and By-Laws
The PAC adopts its own bylaws governing how it holds meetings and the way it conducts itself, including the annual election of an Executive (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Members-at-Large), the annual election of a member to represent our PAC on the District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC), and the annual election of parent representatives on the School Planning Council (SPC).
The School Planning Council (SPC)
School Planning Councils are legislated by the BC School Act (Section 8). SPCs are advisory bodies that develop, monitor and review school plans for student achievement (School Growth Plan and School Goals) in consultation with the school community.
The SPC, represented by the school principal, teachers, elected parents, and students meets approximately every month to develop the School Growth Plan (school goals, structures, strategies, and objectives) for the following year, and to monitor progress on the current year's goals by examining educational data and setting targets for improvement.