One of the main goals of the P.E department is to develop an appreciation of the value of physical fitness and a healthy lifestyle. While we focus on skill development and fitness, we place higher emphasis on active participation, as we strive to promote an appreciation for life long physical activity.
• PE 8, PE 9, PE 10, Fitness PE Co-Ed, Alternative PE Co-Ed: Segregated P.E classes with a focus on games, skill acquisition, and fitness.
• Leadership: Co-ed Senior Level PE class, that is available to students in grade 10, 11, and12, with a focus on Athletic service.
• Dance PE: Co-ed regular P.E class with a major dance unit offered each term.
• PE 11, PE 12: Co-ed Senior Level PE classes with a focus on life-long activities and field trips that may include Grouse Grind, Down Hill Skiing, Golfing, Kayaking,
* Please note that there will be a fee for this course because of the field trip costs.
• Adapted PE: This course is only offered to students in Life Skills Programs.
Our department is attempting to go green so please review our course outlines online. The mark break down for PE 11/12 differs from the junior level PE classes.
Teachers in the Department:
Sara Neil (Department Head)
Kevin Sandher (Athletics Director)
The Physical Education Department and Lord Byng Athletics work together to be successful. Lord Byng Athletics represents the school s competitive sport program which takes place after school here and at other schools. All the teachers in the department coach teams and the PE curriculum is organized around the sport seasons being played.
For example, most girls classes all start the year with Volleyball while the boys, grades 8 and 9, begin with Rugby.
|3 on 3 Basketball
|4 on 4 Basketball
Lord Byng Grey Ghost Athletics
If you have any questions about the schools Physical Education program or Athletics feel free to contact the school at 604-713-8171 and ask for one of the teachers/coaches above.