Kindergarten registration for children born in 2013 begins on November 1st.
All Kindergarten applicants are required to submit an application to their English catchment elementary school. This includes families who wish to apply for choice programs (French Immersion, Montessori, etc.) and/or a cross boundary placement.
The priority registration period for Kindergarten opens on Wednesday November 1st and closes at 4 pm on Wednesday January 31st. Students who submit an application within this priority period will be accommodated before late applicants.
In the event there are more in-catchment applicants than the school can accommodate the following process will be used to prioritize enrolment:
Kindergarten Applications Received Between November 1st and January 31st
1. In-catchment Kindergarten applicants with siblings in attendance at the school (and who will be attending next year) will be placed first.
2. The names of all other in-catchment registrants will be entered into a random draw for the remaining Kindergarten spaces.
3. Students who cannot be accommodated will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which their name was drawn.
4. Between January 31st and the second Friday in June students on the ordered waitlist will be accommodated as space becomes available.
Kindergarten Registrations Received AFTER January 31st
In-catchment Kindergarten students who apply after January 31st will be accommodated if there is space. If there is no space their names will be added to the bottom of the existing waitlist.
Note: There will be no priority given to registrants with siblings if they register after January 31st.
When registering your child please bring:
1. Proof of residence in Vancouver
2. Child’s birth certificate
3. Immigration documentation (if applicable)
4. Immunization records
If you wish to apply for a Choice program or cross-boundary, you must first apply to your English catchment elementary school. Applications for Choice programs and cross boundary placements will be accepted in early 2018.
* Available Space includes physical capacity, resources, staffing, or educational programs available or planned for a school as defined by the district. (Policy Regulation JECC-R)