Academic courses are tuition free for eligible students (see below).
Funding for these courses is provided through the Ministry of Education & the Vancouver Board of Education to encourage residents of B.C. to complete their high school graduation.
You may be eligible to attend class tuition free if you:
• are a Canadian Citizen or landed immigrant and have not completed secondary school graduation
• are a secondary school graduate under 19 years of age on July 1 of the current school year
• qualify to register as a “Graduated Adult” which means you have graduated from a secondary school in BC or another jurisdiction. Please click below for important changes to the tuition free courses available to Graduated Adults.
Graduated Adults Tuition Fees Notice.pdf
Please be aware that if you do not complete the course in which you have registered, you will need to have an interview and receive permission before you may register for more courses.
- a non-refundable material fee of $20 per course is payable at registration for those who qualify for tuition free academic courses.
- all textbook deposits are 80% refundable upon return of the textbook to the centre you attended. Textbooks must be returned within two calendar weeks of term end.
- course transfer fees are $20